Friday 19 October 2012

Running in all it's glory...

From people sniggering, tooting and staring to the shouting of “Run Forrest Run” – this all part of running in this city!  

When you really don’t want to go for your training run, it’s the last thing that you need.  I recently returned a taunt by asking the person to join me in my run, only to see a rather confused face staring back at me, confused that I am a person, not just a runner!  Yet twice a week I still go out running, sometimes even in the rain, because nothing feels better than the freedom of it and if you put in your headphones, you can ignore the witty comments that come your way.  

However on the 17th February when us runners take part in the Brighton half marathon we’ll need the shouting, the whistles and even the funny jibes to help get us through the 13.1 miles, so give us your best shot people!!!!  


By Natalie Parnell, Training Administer at BHT Training.

No comments:

Post a Comment